Anyone looking to explore a national park for free in 2014 should mark his or her calendar. The National Park Service has nine fee-free days on the calendar in 2014. On the dates, all 401 national parks will offer free admission, though only 133 usually charge admission, according to the National Park Service (NPS). See the list below for this years dates and plan a trip to your local park. If you’re active military or family, you can also get a FREE Annual Pass to the National Parks.
Mark your calendar for these free fee days in 2014:
- Jan. 20 for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Feb. 15-17 for Presidents Day weekend
- April 19-20 for National Park Week’s opening weekend
- Aug. 25 for National Park Service’s 98th birthday
- Sept. 27 for National Public Lands Day
- Nov. 11 for Veterans Day
While entrance, commercial tour and transportation entrance fees are waived on these days, some fees — such as those collected by third parties — will not be waived.
For more information, visit www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm.