Looking for something romantic to do for Valentine’s Day weekend? How about a breath taking hike around Half Dome or a scenic drive through Yellowstone?
The National Park Service has nine fee-free days on the calendar in 2015. On the dates, all 401 national parks will offer free admission, though only 133 usually charge admission, according to the National Park Service (NPS). See the list below for this years dates and plan a trip to your local park. If you’re active military or family, you can also get a FREE Annual Pass to the National Parks.
Mark your calendar for these entrance fee-FREE dates in 2015:
- February 14-16, 2015
Presidents Day weekend
- April 18-19, 2015
opening weekend of National Park Week
- August 25, 2015
National Park Service Birthday
- September 26, 2015
National Public Lands Day
- November 11, 2015
This includes some of the most stunning places on earth including:
- FREE Admission to Denali National Park in Alaska
- FREE Admission to Yellowstone National Park in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming
- FREE Admission to Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
- FREE Admission to Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona
- FREE Admission to Yosemite National Park in California
- FREE Admission to Olympic National Park in Washington
- FREE Admission to Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming
- FREE Admission to Zion National Park in Utah
- FREE Admission to Acadia National park in Maine
- FREE Admission to Dinosaur National Monument in Colorado
View list of participating National Parks HERE
*Fee waiver includes: entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise.
For more information, visit www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm.