The National Park Service just turned 100 years old! Celebrate the start of our second century by visiting a park in 2017. During ten days of the year, all National Park Service sites that charge an entrance fee will offer free admission to everyone.
Mark your calendar for these entrance fee–free dates in 2017:
- September 30: National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
National parks are America’s Best Idea, and there are more than 400 parks available to everyone, every day. The fee-free days provide a great opportunity to visit a new place or an old favorite, especially one of the 124 national parks that normally charge an entrance fee. The others are free all of the time. Plan your visit and enjoy our country’s history and nature.
The fee waiver includes entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise.
Fee-free days make parks accessible to more people. However, national parks are always economical, with entrance fees that range from $3 to $30. In addition, any fourth grade student can get a free annual pass through the Every Kid in a Park program, and active duty military and citizens with a permanent disability can also get free passes. For more information about the variety of discounted passes available, please visit the America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass page.
This includes some of the most stunning places on earth including:
- FREE Admission to Denali National Park in Alaska
- FREE Admission to Yellowstone National Park
- FREE Admission to Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
- FREE Admission to Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona
- FREE Admission to Yosemite National Park in California
- FREE Admission to Olympic National Park in Washington
- FREE Admission to Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming
- FREE Admission to Zion National Park in Utah
- FREE Admission to Acadia National park in Maine
- FREE Admission to Dinosaur National Monument in Colorado
View list of participating National Parks HERE
*Fee waiver includes: entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise.
For more information, visit www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm.