Don’t forget! National Public Gardens Day will take place this Friday, May 10, 2013! National Public Gardens Day is an annual celebration of the nation’s public gardens to raise awareness of the important role botanical gardens and arboreta play in promoting environmental stewardship, plant and water conservation, green spaces, and education in communities nationwide.
Better Homes and Gardens along with Rain Bird & American Public Gardens Association sponsors National Public Gardens Day every year in May which is a freebie day where you can get free admission to hundreds of public gardens around the country.
This means free admission to the Ruth Bancroft Gardens!!!
The Ruth Bancroft Garden is located at 1552 Bancroft Rd, Walnut Creek, Ca 94598. The Garden is open for visitors seven days a week from 10am – 4pm. The Ruth Bancroft Garden Office is open from 9am – 5pm Monday through Friday.
- Free Admission All Day
- Docent Tours at 10am, 11:30am, and 1pm
- Kids Activities and Pollination Play Area
- Photo Walk at 10:15am (led by an RBG member)
- Take a stroll around the Garden with one of our camera-crazy members who will point out interesting plants and vistas
- Submit your photos to the National Public Gardens Day Photo Contest! First Prize is $500 plus a one-year membership to the public garden of your choice.
- Staff-led iPhone Photo Walk at 2pm
- Let RBG staff show you some of their favorite plants in the Garden and how to make your photos pop with creative angles and filters, upload your photos to Instagram (#ruthbancroftgarden), and play Stump the Staff with your own creative shots!
- Download Instagram to your iPhone (or Android phone) before the walk. Optional: download SmugMug’s Awesome Camera app for even more photo-editing fun (iPhone only).
This coupon brought to you by the Diablo Reporter is required for admission.
Tip: Each coupon is good for up to two people to get free admission into the garden but you can print the coupon as many times as needed to accommodate everyone in your group.